Friday, March 21, 2008

Groceries

Man! I went to the store today and spent $129.00 on basically nothing. That's too much money for us. Last week the same stuff (with the exception of very few things) was $80.00. The dog food should have made it $93.00 plus tax. When I saw that total go up I asked Lee, our cashier; "Umm are you sure? Did my rewards card go through? Do you have any coupons back there?" He laughed with me. What do you say? Never mind we don't need food this week? Ha Ha.

On the bright side: It's not the $400.00 a week my cousin pays for groceries. And, we don't pay $6.00 for a gallon of milk like my in-laws.

We just need help. We have friends who make less and live better. How do they do that? I think that's what baffles me the most. We just can't figure it out. We've gone to many professionals, one we really liked, but he didn't really want our business I'm guessing. He just dropped off the face of the earth.

3 comments:

Carmell said...

Grocery shopping can be so depressing! When did it all get so expensive???

Danielle said...

I completely understand what you are saying. I spend almost $500 a month on groceries and that isn't toiletries. I remember when I was a kid my mom never spent over $100 a month on groceries. It is getting crazy. But I guess we have to eat. Too bad we are not Indians and we could kill our dinner. Well maybe not I don't know if I would eat it.

Angie said...

I hear you. I come home after spending $100, and I put stuff away, then later I open the cupboard, and I'm like, "There's nothing to eat."