Thursday, September 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn

As a responsible reader I'm putting up a spoiler alert so there.

ANYHOW... I loved it. Despite there being no bloodshed I loved it. I was entertained the the whole book. The only criticism I agreed with was that the "My brother, my son" line was to cheesy to put into words. Oh! And Alice, I missed Alice.

I adore these characters and I believe they do have depth and are complex. I was surprised to find people thinking otherwise. It's hard for me to explain myself because I honestly cannot see the other side. I'd be happy to participate in lighthearted banter with someone who disagrees. Maybe I'd understand better that way than reading their thoughts.

Bella loving Edward and vice versa has been a real question for people too. They must have never ever seen an action movie in their life. Vin Deisel looks like a monkey, but he's a sexy hero so we love him. Moving on... Have you never felt that pull toward another person? The books illustrated it well. After they acknowledged it and began sharing their secrets those ties became even stronger. Throw in some teenage angst and learning to trust another implicitly with a dash of noble life saving on both their parts. How could one not fall for the other?? And that's just the first book. By book three there should be no doubt why they're in love. Go read book one again.

Did I want blood? Yes, I desperately wanted someone to die. Aro maybe? Jane for sure! I'm not the biggest fan of Peter and Charlotte, Tanya bugs me. Personally I think the Cullen Family couldn't have lost they have too many advantages against the Volturi. But honestly, it was brilliant to have them conclude with out bloodshed. No one expected it. I wasn't disappointed.

I missed Alice. Besides my girl crush on her she (and Emmit) give the series more humor. There were times when it got pretty dark and Jacob was not helping lighten thing up this time.

Oh yeah! Team Jacob you lose suck it up! Be a man! With that said, how can anyone think that was dumb!?!? Of course they'd be drawn to one another! There was a piece of her waiting for him. And he was obviously hanging around for some reason why couldn't the part of her meant for him (otherwise known as the egg) be it? Especially in fiction.

That's another thing. "Rules of the universe she created". Huh? First of all fiction has no rules. Second of all I never heard her say a male vampire couldn't father a child in the books or out. Did you?? Nor did I hear her say that shape shifters couldn't imprint on any sort of creature. Maybe you would have learned this when she tried to prepare us using Quil and Claire... Duh!!! Hello! She was saying right there; declaring it for all to see: There are no rules!

Bella's newborn phase. I get it now after reading the Midnight Sun manuscript. Bella could resist because there's absolutely no bad in her. (Just like Carlisle) You don't get it from Bella's perspective because she's so self deprecating. There's no way she'd ever hurt a person. It has never been in her character. Everyone'd understand this better later when Midnight Sun was released, but since it won't be anymore go to Stephanie Meyers website and read up. it's only 260 something pages and you already know what happens so it'll be fast.

It's okay that there's a perfectly happy ending. It's okay that Bella got everything she ever wanted. Now that I know her better I think she deserved it. There's enough tragedy in reality that the book didn't need any.

PS If I think of more I'll add it.

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

Loved your review! I too loved the book! It was such a great read, too bad its over though!

Chrissy said...

I totally agree!! :)

Danielle said...

Oh Jade you say it so well. I have seen what you read on Goodreads and you most definitely are a reader. I love how you put things and I was glad to see you loved it as much as I did. I didn't think that this one was for me but if you as my husband I don't know what to do with myself without my everyday dose of Bella and Edward. Love your thoughts, thanks for sharing. Now...where have you been? Did you get some AC or are you still dying in that pink bra of yours. Ha! :)